I have a confession to make…
It’s the truth.
I won’t [and can’t] deny it. I do a lot of odd things… A lot.
Following are 10 of my oddities…but this list could be in the hundreds, but I’ll save you [and me] from that.
1) I use the smallest silverware possible. I don’t like big forks/spoons going into my mouth. I think they’re going to get stuck and choke me.
2) I don’t brush my hair very often…here’s why
3) I eat things in groups. I.e. If I have peas, potatoes, and roast beef, I eat all of the peas, then all the potatoes, and then I eat the roast beef.
4) There is only one drink I purposefully drink with ice, and that’s sweat tea. Anything else, I prefer without ice.
5) Sand makes me feel sick. I’m not really sure why, but I try and avoid it if at all possible.
6) When I don’t know what else to do, I play with my fingertips. I’ll just sit there and touch/squeeze every tip of my finger, over, and over, and over again.
7) Anything I do that involves numbers has to have a 7 in it…or add up to 7. I.e. When I am setting my alarm for the morning, if I want to wake up at 6:30, I set my alarm for 6:27. Or if I need to heat something up in the microwave for 45 seconds, I heat it for 47.
8) My eyes change colors: between blue [light and dark], green, gray, and hazel. Usually it depends on my mood and/or the circumstances I’m under. [I.e. when I’m really tired my eyes are a deep green.]
9) Anytime I use milk, I smell it before I pour it out. Even if I just bought the carton earlier that day.
10) If I hear people saying you shouldn’t read a book/watch a movie because it’s not “good” [meaning it’s not Christian/it supports ideas and theologies that don’t align with Christian beliefs] I always read/watch it. I think it’s awful reasoning to not read/watch something just because it doesn’t align with your personal theology. [Some books and movies I’ve been told not to read/watch, but deliberately disobeyed are: Harry Potter (books and movies), The Golden Compass, and The Exorcism of Emily Rose.]
Feel free to laugh at these and tease me about them. I’m a secure person, you won’t hurt my feelings. Promise.
What are some things you do that people label as weird?